Natural Remedies for Gout
A Gentle Treatment for Gout
Are you searching for natural remedies for Gout? We offer you appropriate help and information on how to cure gout. Let us first learn a bit about gout causes and symptoms.
Gout can have some physical and emotional reasons behind it. It is caused by an overabundance of uric acid crystalizing in the joints, leading to inflammation and pain. If you want to find the right natural remedies for gout you might want to treat it fundamentally.
What Causes Gout? - Physical Reasons
1.Primary Gout( 90% of cases) Enzyme defect is unknown and metabolic defects could be:
• Over production of uric acid, normal excretion (majority of the cases), Increased excretion (minority of the cases).
• Low excretion of uric acid with normal production
2.Secondary Gout(10% of cases)
• Associated with leukemia and chronic renal disease.
• Inborn errors of metabolism e.g. Complete HGPRT deficiency(Hypoxanthin guanine phosphoribosyl transferase) The enzyme involved in salvage pathway in which free purine bases derived from break down of nucleic acid of endogenous or exogenous are recaptured. Uric acid is in the end the product of purine metabolism.
What Causes Gout? - Emotional Reasons
If you would like to think about possible emotional causes for gout, you can step into the path of healing without even starting to take any physical or natural remedies for gout.
You might want to examine if you are an impatient person, have some deep anger towards someone or a need to be dominant.
Generally, the feeling of need for dominancy comes from the fact that we have been dominated in some period of our lives. But if you are out of that pose and are no longer a victim of domination you may wish to remind yourself that you are safe and secure and in peace with yourself and others.
Patients who suffer from gout can sometimes be critical mostly towards themselves or others, this due to the pain and discomfort they go through. That is another point to take into consideration when you are trying to participate into your own healing. Being kind to oneself is a choice we all must take in order to be kind to others.
Below we suggest some natural remedies for gout. Let's start with homeopathic remedies.
Homeopathic Remedies for Gout
There are several highly recommended natural remedies for gout and homeopathic remedies are part of this group . Here we offer you the ones we consider most useful.
Use the below remedies in C6 or CH5 potencies. In acute cases they should be taken every half an hour and repeat it for 3 hours, after that 4 times a day for one week. If you find several remedies which match your symptoms feel free to take them all.
Take Bryonia C6 when there is pain with the slightest movement and the person wants to be left alone.
Take Colchicum C6, when the pain attack happens mostly at night and it is accompanied by nausea from odors.
Take Arnica C6, when the joint is bruised and sore and painful at touch.
Ledum C6, when the pain is worse by warmth and relieved by cold bathing, although the joint itself may feel cold.
Take Urticaria Urens C6, if the pain is burning and stinging and there is itchiness on the joints.
Herbs for Gout
Mother nature provides us with lots of effective natural remedies for gout for every condition. Find below some great herbal remedies for gout.
• Herbs that help in flushing the uric acid out of the body are good for patients with gout.
• Celery, birch leaf and parsley juice are most effective, take one tbsp of each once a day.
• Drink one cup of stinging nettle or horsetail tea three times daily for three weeks.
• Mix 4 tbsp of honey with 1 tbsp of comfrey tincture and heat it. Soak a cloth in mixture and apply it to painful areas. You can apply it in the evening and leave it on overnight. Wrapping a dry cloth or towel around it would be practical. Repeat this for several weeks.
• Extracts of stinging nettle applied topically can help in reducing the pain from any kind of arthritits because it contains several medical ingredients including histamine, acetylcholine, 5-hydroxytryptamin which are very effective in pain control.
Nutrition Tips and Vitamins for Gout
Dietary supplements play an important role in recovering from gout. Make sure you are getting the right amount of vitamins and minerals your body needs and together with the appropriate natural remedies for gout you will find a perfect solution for your condition.
Bromelain (Pineapple derivative, is a powerful anti-inflammatory) Take 250 mg three times daily between meals for 3 months.
Bioflavonoid Querceti , Take 250 mg three times daily between meals. It acts as anti-inflammatory and hinders uric acid production. Take it for 3 months.
Folic acid . Taking 1 mg with meals is helpful.
Vitamin E mixed with tocopherols, 400 IU with meals.
Vitamin B complex,50 mg one to three times daily with meals.
How to Prevent Gout
Prevention is a good start to avoid critical conditions. What can we do for prevention?
• Avoidance of purine rich food like red meat, sweetbreads,shellfish,anchovies,herring, sardines, meat gravies, mussels, all organ meats, asparagus and yeast products is highly recommended.
• Dark red or blue berries, raspberries, cherries and hawthorn berries are very good for gout prevention. One published study demonstrated that consuming half of a pound of unsweetened cherries a day lowers uric acid and prevents gout.
They contain anthocynides which are flavonoids and have anti-inflammatory properties and neutralize excess of acidity, including uric acid.
Nowadays one can find high doses of natural flavonoids in pharmacies or health stores. You may wish to try one of those products.
• Pineapple derivatives such as bromelain is a powerful anti inflammatory when taken between meals. It is particularly effective in gout cases.
• Folic acid helps reducing uric acid. It inhibits an enzyme essential for uric acid production. One can take folic acid with B complex vitamins to prevent imbalances.
• Avoid vitamin B3 in large doses, the normal amount in B complex is alright.
• Some studies have speculated that vitamin A toxicity and gout may be related.
• Drinking 8 glasses of water a day is strongly recommended.
We hope you have found our suggestions useful. As you have observed we have many choices and we ask you to choose the ones you find most convenient at first glance. However, if there is improvement but not totally, you can always come back to our site and pick some other alternatives or contact us by e-mail.
We wish you a quick recovery.
Return from Natural Remedies for Gout to Home Page